About BananaIP Counsels
A Technologist-Driven, Woman-Led, and Disability-Inclusive IP Law Firm with Over Two Decades of Industry Leadership.
BananaIP, established in 2004, is a leading, Woman-Run IP law firm in India, known for its high-quality, technology-focused, and business-driven intellectual property (IP) services. Originating from the entrepreneurship cell of IIM Bangalore (NSRCEL) as Brain League IP Services, the firm has grown to become a premier IP firm in the country, particularly known for its specialized IP services across various technology sectors.
Foundation: Our journey began at IIMB with a vision to integrate technology background and business understanding with legal expertise to provide high quality IP services, setting us apart from the very start.
Growth: Through business innovation, unparalleled specialization/expertise, and ethical/honest approach, BananaIP has emerged as a premier intellectual property firm, reputed for its IP services in diverse technology domains.
Connect with us
- Expert Team: We take pride in our team of over 60 IP professionals, led by accomplished senior partners renowned for their IP and technology domain-specific expertise.
- Clientele: Our experience spans over 1,000 clients, catering to a spectrum of IP needs including IP search, filing, prosecution, licensing, enforcement, and litigation management.
- Speciality IP Services: We offer specialized and value-added services in patents, designs, trademarks, copyrights, eCommerce law, entertainment law, data privacy, cyber security law, and accessibility law.
- Technology Domains: Our client base extends across various sectors like automotive, electric mobility, electronics, telecom, AI, robotics, biotechnology, traditional medicine, chemistry, and pharmaceuticals.
- Innovative IP Solutions: We continuously develop proprietary technologies and tools, enhancing the quality and efficiency of our IP services.
- Tailored IP Services: Recognizing the unique needs of Indian companies, we offer innovative IP services to help them build strong IP portfolios and maximize business value.
- Intellectual Property Contributions: Our commitment to the IP ecosystem in India is reflected in our contributions through research, writing, and policy involvement.
BananaIP stands as a leader in the IP realm, differentiated by our achievements in IP services, shaping legal and policy frameworks, and providing business-oriented IP solutions. Our firm and partners are acknowledged as industry leaders, holding esteemed positions in national and international IP committees and research centres.
BananaIP is a Woman-Run IP firm, with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our firm has more than 65% women IP attorneys and experts, about 4% of Persons with Disabilities, and significant diversity in educational backgrounds.
BananaIP’s reputation as a leading IP firm is rooted in the deep specialization, extensive experience, and profound expertise of its senior partners and IP attorneys. Each senior partner is at the helm of a specialized division, focusing on distinct IP and technology domains. They have meticulously selected and nurtured a team of skilled IP attorneys, ensuring that each member aligns with the firm’s standards of excellence.
This team is adept at providing a comprehensive array of IP services across various technology sectors. Their specialization is further complemented by their experience and an innate understanding of the intricate dynamics of business. This combination is a key reason why clients consistently choose BananaIP’s IP attorneys for their IP needs.
Currently, BananaIP boasts a team that is not only the best in its field but also highly sought after for its interdisciplinary capabilities. This enables the firm to deliver high-quality IP services that meet and exceed client expectations, solidifying BananaIP’s status as a leader in the intellectual property domain.
- Distinguished Patent, Trademark, Copyright, and Design Attorney.
- Specialized in Technology, Entertainment, and e-Commerce domains.
- Extensive experience in advising over a thousand clients on Intellectual Property matters.
- Globally recognized Intellectual Property Expert, Scholar and Published Author.
- Nationally recognized Patent Agent/Attorney with specialization in Telecommunications, Electronics, Artificial Intelligence, and Big Data.
- Gained substantial experience as a patent agent and attorney representing numerous global Fortune 500 clients.
- Significantly contributed to assisting various companies in IP mining, evaluating, safeguarding, and commercializing patents and inventions.
- Nationally acclaimed Patent Agent/Attorney with a focus on Automotive, E-Mobility, Mechanical, Robotics, Green Energy and Medical Devices.
- Possesses extensive experience gained from a prestigious US Patent Firm and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
- Expert in patent drafting and prosecution for global manufacturing and automotive enterprises.
- Globally recognized Patent Agent/Attorney specializing in Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals, and Traditional Medicine.
- Possesses substantial in-house experience in assisting Biosciences and pharmaceutical companies in strategizing, protecting, and licensing intellectual property.
- Works with a portfolio of clients across the world on international patent strategy, filing and protection.
Discover the Story Behind Our Name: Why We Chose 'BananaIP'
“Are you the Bananas?” the client asked, laughing loudly when we entered.
“Yes, we are,” I said, laughing with her.
Almost every one laughs when we introduce ourselves for the first time.
“Hi, I am from BananaIP.”
“Where did you say you are from? Ha Ha Ha”
They can’t help laughing.
One even went to the extent of proclaiming, “Who in the right frame of mind calls an IP firm Banana!”