Download Post as PDFPrint this Post AUTHORED BY DR. KALYAN...Read More
18 Years of Intellectual Property Excellence
With the vision of offering high quality, technology, and business driven IP law services following international standards, Dr. Kalyan Kankanala co-founded BananaIP Counsels (formerly Brain League) in 2004. The firm incubated from IIMB’s entrepreneurship cell (NSRCEL) and has today emerged as a top ranked and premier IP firm in India.
Our commitment to excellence led to multiple accomplishments making BananaIP the best and the most sought-after firm in India where we:
- Built the strongest and best team in India.
- Acquired an enviable client portfolio.
- Developed a reputation for world-class expertise.
- Contributed significantly to the Indian IP law, policy, and eco-system.
- Launched highly specialized, ‘one of its kind’ IP services.
- Integrated modern, cutting edge technologies with proprietary methods to augment the firm’s top-notch service offerings.
BananaIP differentiates itself from other firms through its achievements and accomplishments in IP services, contributions to the law and policy framework, and business-driven IP research. The firm and its partners are recognized and ranked as leaders in the IP industry. They hold honorary positions with national and international IP committees and research centres, and their views are regularly cited by leading news organizations, journals and research publications.
At BananaIP, we are a closely-knit family of IP attorneys seeking to add significant value to every project we undertake. Every file and project of every client is very important to us, and our client’s success is our success.
BananaIP’s success is due to the exceptional talent, understanding, credentials and experience of its senior partners. Dr. Kalyan Kankanala, Nitin Nair, Somashekar Ramakrishna, Vinita Radhakrishnan and Sanjeeth Hegde are the firm’s core. They are what sets BananaIP apart from other IP firms or consultancies in India.
Each senior partner has carefully cultivated the expertise necessary to lead their practice areas through advanced education and qualifications; handpicked and groomed associates from the best law, technology, and management schools; and continuous quality and process improvements.
They have all held IP positions in North America, Europe, and Asia during their careers before founding BananaIP. Their collective qualifications, background and expertise are unmatched in India.
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Managing Partner & Chief IP Attorney
• Recognized among the top IP minds of India. • Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters. • Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist.
• Nationally recognized telecom, electronics, AI and big data patent agent/attorney. • Worked as patent agent and attorney for global Fortune 500 clients. • Instrumental in helping many companies mine, evaluate, protect, and commercialize patents and inventions.
• Nationally recognized automotive, mechanical, and manufacturing patent agent/attorney. • Has significant experience of working with a leading US Patent Firm and United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO). • Seasoned patent drafting and prosecution expert for global manufacturing and automotive companies.
• Internationally recognized life sciences, pharma and traditional medicine patent agent/attorney. • Has significant inhouse experience in helping pharma companies strategize, protect and license intellectual property. • Works with a portfolio of clients across the world on international patent strategy, filing and protection.
• Nationally recognized entertainment law, IP licensing, and trademark attorney. • Has significant US in-house experience in tech licensing with Fortune 500 companies. • Advises leading organizations on branding, IP protection, and valuation.
Chief Financial Officer
• Strategic Partner & Chief Financial Officer
Our Mentors & Advisors
Professor Jon M. Garon
Director of Intellectual Property, Cybersecurity and Technology Law Program and Professor of Law, NSU Florida
Dr. T. Ramakrishna
Chair Professor & Chairperson, Post-Graduate and Doctoral Council, NLSIU
Professor A Damodaran
Professor, Economics & Social Sciences, IIM-Bangalore
Professor Anil B Suraj
Associate Professor of Practice, Public Policy & Chairperson, Master of Management Studies (Public Policy), (MMS(PP)), One-year fulltime programme, IIM-Bangalore
Rayudu M. V.
CEO, Chirra Electronics
Mr. Nagesh V.
CTO, Chirra Electronics
Many of these clients have been with BananaIP since our inception. This longevity is testament to their trust and value in our work. And as their business needs have evolved, so too has BananaIP’s approach to the services we provide to meet those needs.
Clients choose to work with BananaIP because of our ability to merge their current needs with advancements in law, policy, business and technology. The firm is IP attorney/advisor to leading organizations in diverse industries at the forefront of IP in India. Some of these include:
MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIMB)
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BOMBAY (IITB)
CENTRAL MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE (CMTI)
working together to serve your needs
We can help you maximize business/financial value from your Intellectual Property (IP)