Intellepedia IP Radio Download Post as PDFPrint this PostThis weekly...Read More
- Recognized among the top IP minds of India.
- Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters.
- Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist.
Vinita Radhakrishnan is a senior partner at BananaIP Counsels, and heads the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology and Chemistry practice of the firm. She also works with Start-ups and Women Inventors. Prior to joining BananaIP, Vinita worked with a research based pharmaceutical company as its in-house patent counsel. Vinita has authored a book on Patent Law and Practice, which was published by Oxford University Press. She holds a Masters in Health Sciences from University of Pune and also, an L.L.M. in Intellectual Property Law from Munich Intellectual Property Law Center, Germany and George Washington University, USA. During her brief stint as a researcher at Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, she worked in the area of Pharmaceutical Innovation and Patent Law in Developing Countries.
Vinita Radhakrishnan is one of the few patent attorneys in India holding Masters degrees in both Intellectual Property Law and Health Sciences. Owing to her dual degrees and prior work in research labs, she understands the mind set of inventors and their approach to patents very well, and has made substantial contributions in harnessing and protecting valuable patents as an in-house counsel. Her extensive experience of working with inventors and their patent applications has made her one of the sought after patent attorneys for biotech and pharmaceutical companies in India. Vinita works with research driven organisations such as Connexios Life Sciences, Muniyal Ayurveda, RGCB, Bal pharma Ltd., Eureka Forbes, Wockhardt and so on.
In addition to catering to innovator companies, Vinita Radhakrishnan takes special interest in advising grass root innovators, promising start-ups, innovative entrepreneurs and independent inventors. She provides pro bono services for women inventors/entrepreneurs and creative upstarts. She also provides IP due diligence and advisory services for VCs and investors.
Over the years, Vinita Radhakrishnan has helped several of her clients build strong patent portfolios and commercialize them. Her experience as an in-house IP Counsel helps her provide strategic advice and services in line with the clients business goals. Her speciality in both patent law and science and her long drawn experience of working with scientists makes working with her very easy and comfortable. Vinita monitors and reviews all patent projects undertaken by her division and works very closely with clients to acquire valuable patent grants. Several start-ups and inventors have benefited from her strategic advise and support.
Vinita Radhakrishnan delivers talks at premier institutions such as IIM, Ahmedabad and NLSIU, Bangalore, and spends substantial time in advising and mentoring start-ups and inventors. She publishes articles on emerging IP issues and her opinions are extensively cited in news reports, research reports, and books.
- Ten plus years of patent experience with respect to a wide array of activities from patent searching to filing, prosecution and management.
- Worked with some of the leading companies and research institutions in Pharma, Biotechnology and chemistry fields.
- Worked as an in-house counsel in a drug discovery company, and helped the company devise the patent strategy, establish processes, build a strong patent portfolio and enable license deals.
- Participated in IP/Patent due diligence processes for making strategic decisions, licensing transactions and raising investments.
- Helped companies assess product launch risks and strategize generic drug launches.
- Continuously performs research on law, policy and economic aspects of patents with special focus on pharmaceutical industry.
- Masters in Intellectual Property, Munich Intellectual Property Law Centre, Max Planck Institute, Germany.
- Masters in Health Sciences, University of Pune.
- Doctoral research candidate in pharma patent law, Max Planck Institute, Germany.
- Registered Patent Agent
- Pharmaceutical Patent Law.
- Intellectual Property Strategy for Startups and entrepreneurs.
- Co-Founder and Contributor of Intellepedia – IP News Center.
- Classical Dance and its convergence with modern art.
Have a Question for Vinita?
drop a line!