Senior Partner, Chief Patent Officer (Research, Risk Clearance and Strategy)
Ms. Vinita, a senior partner at BananaIP, specializes in Bio/Pharma patent law and Patent Strategy. She heads the patent research and analytics division of the firm. She holds a L.L.M in Intellectual Property degree from MIPLC, Max Planck Institute, Germany and is currently pursuing her doctoral research at Max Planck institute for IP and Innovation.
Over the years, Vinita worked with several large companies in the Biotechnology and Pharma Sector. Some of her clients include Connexios Life Sciences, Astra Zeneca, Muniyal Ayurveda, Nadathur Group of holdings and Wockhardt.
Vinita works with promising start ups to help them design their IP strategy in-line with their business goals. She is a registered Patent agent with long term experience in Drafting, filing and Prosecution.
- Patent Research, Drafting, Filing and Prosecution
- Risk Assessment, Freedom To Operate (FTO) Search and Analysis, Patent Landscaping, Patent Mapping
- Patent Strategy, Licensing, Due Diligence and Audit
- Partnership and collaboration management
- Masters in Intellectual Property, Munich Intellectual Property Law Centre, Max Planck Institute, Germany
- Masters in Health Sciences, University of Pune
- Doctoral research candidate in pharma patent law, Max Planck Institute, Germany
- Pharmaceutical Patent Law
- Intellectual Property Strategy for Startups and entrepreneurs.
- Professional Registrations
- Registered Patent Agent
- Contributor, SiNApSE Blog, a leading IP Blog in India – www.sinapseblog.com; and
Co-Founder, Intellepedia, House of Intellectual Property Ventures – www.intellepedia.com.
- Ten plus years of patent experience with respect to a wide array of activities from patent searching to filing, prosecution and management
- Worked with some of the leading companies and research institutions in Pharma, Biotechnology and chemistry fields
- Worked as an inhouse counsel in a drug discovery company, and helped the company devise the patent strategy, establish processes, build a strong patent portfolio and enable license deals
- Participated in IP/Patent due diligence processes for making strategic decisions, licensing transactions and raising investments
- Helped companies assess product launch risks and strategize generic drug launches
- Continuously performs research on law, policy and economic aspects of patents with special focus on pharmaceutical industry
- Classical Dance and its convergence with modern art