Download Post as PDFPrint this Post AUTHORED BY DR. KALYAN...Read More
Patent Licensing and Commercialization
IP is an intangible asset that can be exploited in many ways to generate maximum profits. The success of a business can be ensured by efficiently managing its IP portfolio and using adequate means to capitalize on these assets, to further its financial plan.
Licensing/technology transfer is one way of making one’s product commercially accessible. It gives certain exploitation rights to an entity, which in turn pays royalties to the licensor.
The BananaIP team understands the industries in which the clients function and help them strategize in a way to attain their much-desired business goals.
- IP/ Transfer Office Set Up
- Technology Office Set Up
- Technology Marketing
- IP License Drafting
- IP License Negotiation
- IP Valuation
- License Management
- Royalty Management
Why BananaIP ?
- BananaIP hosts an experienced and highly qualified team of patent attorneys, agents, and technologists, who have performed thousands of patent searches for their clients;
- Formerly as Brain League, and now as BananaIP, the firm has performed more than ten thousand patent searches for clients in India, USA, Europe, and other countries;
- BananaIP’s teams of patent attorneys with inter-disciplinary expertise provide inputs converging, business, technology and law;
- The Firm’s proprietary project and portfolio management tools enable it to track, manage and deliver projects in an organized and timely manner;
- Over the years, BananaIP’s attorneys and agents have developed proprietary templates and tools to address specific business needs of clients;
- BananaIP has subscriptions to proprietary patent search tools and databases that enables its experts to search patent and non-patent literature to uncover relevant prior art and references; and
- BananaIP has search teams based out of Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Hyderabad, allowing easy access and proximity to clients at the said locations.
OUR PATENT TEAM
BananaIP’s success is due to the exceptional talent, understanding, credentials and experience of its senior partners. Dr. Kalyan Kankanala, Nitin Nair, Somashekar Ramakrishna, Vinita Radhakrishnan and Sanjeeth Hegde are the firm’s core. They are what sets BananaIP apart from other IP firms or consultancies in India.
Each senior partner has carefully cultivated the expertise necessary to lead their practice areas through advanced education and qualifications; handpicked and groomed associates from the best law, technology, and management schools; and continuous quality and process improvements.
They have all held IP positions in North America, Europe, and Asia during their careers before founding BananaIP. Their collective qualifications, background and expertise are unmatched in India.
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Managing Partner & Chief IP Attorney
• Recognized among the top IP minds of India. • Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters. • Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist.
• Nationally recognized automotive, mechanical, and manufacturing patent agent/attorney. • Has significant experience of working with a leading US Patent Firm and United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO). • Seasoned patent drafting and prosecution expert for global manufacturing and automotive companies.
• Nationally recognized telecom, electronics, AI and big data patent agent/attorney. • Worked as patent agent and attorney for global Fortune 500 clients. • Instrumental in helping many companies mine, evaluate, protect, and commercialize patents and inventions.
• Internationally recognized life sciences, pharma and traditional medicine patent agent/attorney. • Has significant inhouse experience in helping pharma companies strategize, protect and license intellectual property. • Works with a portfolio of clients across the world on international patent strategy, filing and protection.
Have a Question?
drop a line!