Intellepedia IP Radio Download Post as PDFPrint this PostThis weekly...Read More
FTO Analysis & Opinion
Freedom To Operate (FTO) Services
Freedom to Operator or FTO analysis and reports helps a company understand if a product has the freedom to operate in a given market, an whether the product can be launched without any risk of patent infringement. FTO analysis includes the following activities:
- Identification of countries/jurisdictions for FTO analysis.
- FTO search for patents relevant to the product.
- Short listing of most relevant patents.
- Patent infringement analysis of claims in each patent shortlisted.
- FTO opinion based on the infringement analysis.
- Legal Opinion with respect to patent infringement, which may be used in a Court
FTO opinions are regularly performed by companies before they launch a product in the market, and any FTO issues are resolved in consultation with the patent attorney. Quality FTO analysis and reports are provided by attorneys with strong technology and legal backgrounds.
The legal opinion given by a qualified and reputed attorney helps in mitigating risks in a patent infringement suit after the product is launched.
Why BananaIP ?
BananaIP offers FTO analysis and reports for clients in pharma, chemistry, electronics/telecom, manufacturing, automotive, AI, machine learning, IOT, and other sectors. The firm has highly qualified patent attorneys and has worked with more than 600 clients on various infringement related matters including FTO analysis. BananaIP has the best team of Senior Partners in India, and not only offers FTO reports, but also legal opinions on infringement and strategies to avoid infringement, which help companies in mitigating patent risks in product launches.
OUR PATENT TEAM
BananaIP’s success is due to the exceptional talent, understanding, credentials and experience of its senior partners. Dr. Kalyan Kankanala, Nitin Nair, Somashekar Ramakrishna, Vinita Radhakrishnan and Sanjeeth Hegde are the firm’s core. They are what sets BananaIP apart from other IP firms or consultancies in India.
Each senior partner has carefully cultivated the expertise necessary to lead their practice areas through advanced education and qualifications; handpicked and groomed associates from the best law, technology, and management schools; and continuous quality and process improvements.
They have all held IP positions in North America, Europe, and Asia during their careers before founding BananaIP. Their collective qualifications, background and expertise are unmatched in India.
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Managing Partner & Chief IP Attorney
• Recognized among the top IP minds of India. • Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters. • Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist.
• Nationally recognized automotive, mechanical, and manufacturing patent agent/attorney. • Has significant experience of working with a leading US Patent Firm and United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO). • Seasoned patent drafting and prosecution expert for global manufacturing and automotive companies.
• Nationally recognized telecom, electronics, AI and big data patent agent/attorney. • Worked as patent agent and attorney for global Fortune 500 clients. • Instrumental in helping many companies mine, evaluate, protect, and commercialize patents and inventions.
• Internationally recognized life sciences, pharma and traditional medicine patent agent/attorney. • Has significant inhouse experience in helping pharma companies strategize, protect and license intellectual property. • Works with a portfolio of clients across the world on international patent strategy, filing and protection.
Have a Question?
drop a line!