Patent Search & Analytics
Patent (Prior Art) Search
A patent/literature search is performed for various purposes ranging from assessing the patentability of an invention to analyzing risks in product launches and understanding the landscape in which a new technology operates. While perusing patent databases is straightforward, culling out appropriate and meaningful information from the vast number of patent and non-patent documents available and the thousands of documents requires special research skills, technology insight and a thorough understanding of the patent system. Once a search is performed and relevant prior art is shortlisted, making sense of the data based on the purpose requires an in-depth insight into patent law, superior analytical skills and ability to clearly present the same.
Our team of patent searchers at BananaIP brings technology expertise, patent knowledge and domain experience together, to perform value-added patent searches. Access to proprietary patent and literature databases, proprietary technology, and tailor-made presentation tools allow us to provide quality search services. Our process driven approach, time based delivery and copyrighted templates set us apart from other service providers.
- Patentability Search
- FTO Search
- Invalidity Search
- Technology landscaping
- Patent Mapping
- Patent watch
Patent Filing Team
In addition to patent searching and drafting teams, BananaIP hosts an independent patent filing and portfolio management division. The patent filing and portfolio division manages a patent portfolio of more than two thousand (2,000) Indian and International patents and patent applications. The patent filing and portfolio management team is comprised of patent attorneys and agents holding a Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property/Patent Law. They have significant patent filing and portfolio management experience. Headquartered in Bangalore and work with clients across India.
Why BananaIP ?
- BananaIP hosts an experienced and highly qualified team of patent attorneys, agents, and technologists, who have performed thousands of patent searches for their clients;
- Formerly as Brain League, and now as BananaIP, the firm has performed more than ten thousand patent searches for clients in India, USA, Europe, and other countries;
- BananaIP’s teams of patent attorneys with inter-disciplinary expertise provide inputs converging, business, technology and law;
- The Firm’s proprietary project and portfolio management tools enable it to track, manage and deliver projects in an organized and timely manner;
- Over the years, BananaIP’s attorneys and agents have developed proprietary templates and tools to address specific business needs of clients;
BananaIP has subscriptions to proprietary patent search tools and databases that enables its experts to search patent and non-patent literature to uncover relevant prior art and references; and
- BananaIP has search teams based out of Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Hyderabad, allowing easy access and proximity to clients at the said locations.
OUR PATENT TEAM
BananaIP’s success is due to the exceptional talent, understanding, credentials and experience of its senior partners. Dr. Kalyan Kankanala, Nitin Nair, Somashekar Ramakrishna, Vinita Radhakrishnan and Sanjeeth Hegde are the firm’s core. They are what sets BananaIP apart from other IP firms or consultancies in India.
Each senior partner has carefully cultivated the expertise necessary to lead their practice areas through advanced education and qualifications; handpicked and groomed associates from the best law, technology, and management schools; and continuous quality and process improvements.
They have all held IP positions in North America, Europe, and Asia during their careers before founding BananaIP. Their collective qualifications, background and expertise are unmatched in India.
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Managing Partner & Chief IP Attorney
• Recognized among the top IP minds of India. • Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters. • Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist.
• Nationally recognized automotive, mechanical, and manufacturing patent agent/attorney. • Has significant experience of working with a leading US Patent Firm and United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO). • Seasoned patent drafting and prosecution expert for global manufacturing and automotive companies.
• Nationally recognized telecom, electronics, AI and big data patent agent/attorney. • Worked as patent agent and attorney for global Fortune 500 clients. • Instrumental in helping many companies mine, evaluate, protect, and commercialize patents and inventions.
• Internationally recognized life sciences, pharma and traditional medicine patent agent/attorney. • Has significant inhouse experience in helping pharma companies strategize, protect and license intellectual property. • Works with a portfolio of clients across the world on international patent strategy, filing and protection.
Have a Question?
drop a line!