Senior Partner (Electronics/Electrical/Software Patent Practice)
Mr. Nitin is a senior partner at BananaIP Counsels. He heads the Electronics/Electrical/Software Patent Practice at the Firm. He worked with technology firms in the US, before joining Brain League, which is now BananaIP. Some of Nitin’s clients include Samsung, IIT-Bombay, HCL, Altimetrik, Rolta, and Emerson. He holds a Masters in Electrical Engineering from Syracuse University, USA, and Bachelors in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. He is a Registered Patent Agent in India.
Nitin teaches Patent Law and Practice at National Law School of India University, Bangalore. He also delivers invited lectures at various education institutions and technology conferences from time to time.
Patent Drafting, Patent Research (Search, Infringement Analysis, Freedom to Operate Analysis, Landscape Analysis, State of the Art analysis and so on), Patent Prosecution, IP Generation, IP Protection, IP Analytics, IP Audits/Mining, IP Strategy and IP Capacity Building.
- PG Diploma – IPR, Patent Gurukul
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Syracuse University
- B.E. (Electronics and Telecommunications), Bombay University
- Patenting of software in India
- The vital role played by IP in organizations
- 8+ years of hands on patent services experience ranging from patent research activities , patent drafting for a wide array of clients
- Hands-on technology experience in the wireless/telecommunications industry
- Worked with large technology/knowledge driven businesses, premier research/educational institutions, SMEs and also startups on a wide range of IP projects
- Instrumental in helping several companies excavate/manage their IPs through IP audits and strategic consulting
- Experience in conducting training sessions/counseling sessions in IP for educational institutions, research institutions and corporates