BananaIP Counsels is delighted to celebrate the one-year mark of a significant initiative: “The Professor Jon M. Garon Scholarship for Aspiring Intellectual Property Attorneys with Disabilities”. This forward-thinking program aims to empower students from legal, scientific, and technological disciplines, who have disabilities, to venture into the dynamic domain of intellectual property law.
Recipient of the First Year’s Scholarship:
- Mr. Masoom Reza is the first recipient of this scholarship. He has completed his BA (LLB) from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, with an impressive CGPA of 8.45/9.00. Masoom has recently completed his LLM from the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru.
- Ms. Anchal Bhatheja received this scholarship as a 5th-year LLB student from the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru. She is set to complete her LLB in the year 2023.
The Scholarship Program at a Glance
Named in honor of Professor Jon M. Garon, the scholarship is a testament to his influential contributions to intellectual property law. As the Director of IP, Cybersecurity, and Technology Law Program at NSU’s Shepard Broad College of Law, Professor Garon’s work has profoundly shaped areas such as copyright law, entertainment law, and privacy law. His legacy guides the philosophy of this scholarship.
Students engaged in law, science, or technology degree programs can apply for this scholarship. Recipients are provided an internship sustenance fund at BananaIP Counsels, facilitating hands-on learning and an opportunity to venture into the promising field of IP.
The Selection Process
Candidates applying for the Professor Jon M. Garon Scholarship are evaluated on:
- Completion of Intellectual Property courses,
- Demonstrated interest in the field,
- Prior writings, publications, and research interests,
- Potential contribution to the evolution of the intellectual property profession in India.
Following a detailed review, selected candidates are invited for an interview, which determines the final scholarship recipient.
An Ongoing Opportunity
The Professor Jon M. Garon scholarship accepts applications year-round, and scholarships are disbursed on a rolling basis, ensuring a regular influx of opportunities for meritorious candidates.
To gather more comprehensive details about the BananaIP Counsels Scholarship for Aspiring Intellectual Property Attorneys with Disabilities, or to submit your application, please follow this link (https://www.bananaip.com/ip-news-center/professor-jon-m-garon-scholarship-for-aspiring-ip-attorneys-with-disabilities/).