Nature of the Company: Leading Automotive Company
Why they approached us:
- Were facing difficulty in identifying and uncovering potential IP within the organization.
- Lacked direction in patent portfolio development in the past.
- Unhappy with the quality of patents provided by previous service provider
What did we do:
- Performed a comprehensive IP audit/ Mining exercise through document review, interviews and extrinsic/intrinsic research.
- Performed technology landscape and identified white spaces to help the R and D department reorganize their portfolio and channelize their research efforts.
- Invention disclosure exercise and patentability analysis and patent drafting was taken up by our team comprising of members having strong technology and patent expertise.
- Uncovered IP, created inventory and classified based on value of the IP to the company.
- Helped the company establish and process/Mechanism to uncover IP effectively and efficiently in the future.
- Analyzed 300 inventions to determine their value to the company and filed more than 100 applications with high and medium value to the company.
- Company’s IP portfolio now has direction and has a clear emphasis from strategic investments in R and D to IP filings.