BananaIP is delighted to announce the release of its Design Registration Statistics Report for the year 2023. This report provides a view of the trends in design registrations in India from 2019 to 2023.
Key Findings in Design Registration Trends:
The report reveals the following significant trends:
- There has been a substantial increase in design registrations in India from 2019 to 2023.
- In 2023, the total number of design registrations reached 28,324, marking an increase of about 285% from 2019 and about 78% from the previous year 2022.
- Compared to 2022, which had 15,904 registrations, there was an impressive growth of nearly 78% in 2023.
- Despite a minor fluctuation in 2021, the overall trend showcases a positive trajectory in design registrations over the past five years.
The complete report can be accessed and downloaded below:
In conclusion, the report demonstrates a steady increase in design registration in India, signifying a rise in the creation and innovation of aesthetic designs. This upward trend suggests a potential further growth in design registrations in 2024.
Please note that the information in this report is gathered from the Indian Intellectual Property Office’s website and systems. The accuracy of the data is reliant on the extent of its availability, accessibility, and the searchability within the IP Office’s design databases. Unlike the financial year data released by the IP Office, this report is based on calendar year data.
The primary contributor of this report is Ms. Sushma H. A.
We welcome any feedback, comments, or inputs regarding this report. Please reach out to us at [email protected], with the subject line “Design Statistics Report 2023”.
This report is limited by the following:
- Accuracy and availability of data on the IP Office’s online database and publications;
- The date and time at which the search for the data was performed to collect data;
- The calendar year-based collection of data, which contrasts with the data published by the IP Office, which is tabulated based on the financial year;
- Understanding and analysis of the data by BananaIP’ s attorneys and experts, which may vary from other attorneys and experts; and
- The limitations inherent in collection of design data and statistics.
Any conclusions in this report are those of the contributors, and do not represent the views of all IP attorneys at BananaIP Counsels. The views in this report do not represent the views or conclusions of BananaIP’ s clients or the firm.