Automobile Patents, Infringement and Indian Patent Law – A Presentation by Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
This presentation was delivered by Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala as a part of the course for senior management and IP Officers in the Automobile Industry. The presentation covers:
- Patent Infringement Basics;
- Freedom To Operate Analysis for Automotive Sector – Issues and Challenges;
- Literal Infringement and Doctrine of Equivalence in India;
- Claim Construction, Analysis and Element Mapping;
- All Elements Rule;
- Pith and Substance, Substantial Equivalence;
- Example of Jack Holder;
- Example of Flipable Seat;
- Indirect Patent Infringement in India – Contributory Infringement and Inducement;
- Patent Defenses;
- Government Use, Research Exemptions and Government Approval; and
- Relevant Cases.
With the help of cases, examples and multi-media Dr. Kalyan’s presentation gives insights into various aspects of automobile patents, infringement and the Indian Patent Law.
About Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala manages the largest new age Intellectual Property Firm, BananaIP Counsels, headquartered at Bangalore, India. In addition to helping clients maximize business value from intellectual assets, Dr. Kalyan also consults for United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and teaches at premier institutions such as National Law School of India University, Bangalore, and Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB).
To connect with the Top Patent Firm in Automobile Engineering for patent services, write to BananaIP – [email protected]