Intellepedia IP Radio Download Post as PDFPrint this PostThis weekly...Read More
Open Source Software (OSS) License Advisory
First in India to offer Open Source License Analysis and Consulting Services professionally
Open Source License & Creative Commons License Services
It is estimated that 99% of businesses using software use open source software (OSS) in one form or another. Owing to the success of open source software, the concept has transcended boundaries and is today integrated into many other fields. While use of open source software provides several advantages from speed, to a large community, it also comes with many conditions, restrictions and sometimes problems. Dealing with open source license compliance, and strategizing risk mitigation require a strong background in both law and software.
Since 2004, our team of technology savvy IP attorneys has been helping large multinational corporations analyze open source licenses, devise compliance models and risk mitigation strategies. Converging their graduate education in IP Law and Software, our team has advised companies on some of the cutting-edge projects involving Android, Linux and iOS. Realizing the increasing role of patent risks in integration of open source software with proprietary software well ahead of time, we have devised policies, which are protecting our clients’ interests in several ways. Our experience in open source consulting, coupled with our expertise in law and technology, makes our team ‘one of its kind’ in the country.
Open Source Software Services:
- Open Source and Creative Commons License Review and Analysis
- Drafting Open Source Licenses
- Open Source Policy and Process Set Up
- Open Source License Terms Compliance
- Open Source Audit and Advise
- Open Source Approach and Strategy
- Open Source License Training
- Patent and other IP Risk Clearance
Helped numerous clients:
- Strategize Open Source Software (OSS) use in proprietary products
- Plan Patent / IP protection for products with Open Source Software (OSS) components
- Comply with Open Source Software (OSS) licenses
- Mitigate IP and contractual risks
- Perform Open Source Software (OSS) Audits
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Managing Partner & Chief IP Attorney
• Recognized among the top IP minds of India.
• Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters.
• Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist.
• Nationally recognized telecom, electronics, AI and big data patent agent/attorney.
• Worked as patent agent and attorney for global Fortune 500 clients.
• Instrumental in helping many companies mine, evaluate, protect, and commercialize patents and inventions.
• Nationally recognized entertainment law, IP licensing, and trademark attorney.
• Has significant US in-house experience in tech licensing with Fortune 500 companies.
• Advises leading organizations on branding, IP protection, and valuation.
- Industrial Designs
- IP Consulting, Opinions & Agreements
- Open Source SOftware (OSS) License aDvisory
- E-Commerce Law
- Entertainment Law
- Technology Law
- Corporate IP Training & Culture Development
- Consumer Products
- IT & Software
- AI & Robotics
- Computer Vision
- NLP & Autonomous Vehicles
- Green Technologies
- Electric Mobility
- Battery Management
- Medical Technologies
- Medical Devices
- Food & Healthcare Platforms
- Education & Publishing
Looking for Open Source License Review and Analysis?
drop a line!
On the 30th of July 2020, the international organizations –…
In this week’s Patent News – Patent office extends all…
With the objective of promoting generation of inventions that can…
License: Creative Commons — Attribution-No Derivatives 4.0. Open Source…