Free Intellectual Property (IP) Helpdesk for Startups
Intellectual Property (IP) Helpdesk is a pro bono initiative of BananaIP Counsels. It has been conceived, developed and made available as a part of the firm’s initiatives towards IP knowledge dissemination and empowerment.
Through this IP Helpdesk, BananaIP hopes to empower startups, inventors and others by enabling them to connect with the best IP Experts to answer their queries from the purview of their vast industry specific experience and help them gain significant value from their ideas and innovations.
BananaIP has IP experts with specific experience across industries such as Mechanical & Manufacturing, AI, Electronics & Telecommunications, Pharma & Biosciences, Med-Tech, eCommerce & Entertainment, etc. who provide current and prospective entrepreneurs the much-needed knowledge and tools to use Intellectual Property, especially Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights for business advantage and financial value creation.
We can help you maximize business/financial value from your Intellectual Property (IP)
OUR IP EXPERTS
BananaIP’s success is due to the exceptional talent, understanding, credentials and experience of its senior partners. Dr. Kalyan Kankanala, Nitin Nair, Somashekar Ramakrishna, Vinita Radhakrishnan and Sanjeeth Hegde are the firm’s core. They are what sets BananaIP apart from other IP firms or consultancies in India.
Each senior partner has carefully cultivated the expertise necessary to lead their practice areas through advanced education and qualifications; handpicked and groomed associates from the best law, technology, and management schools; and continuous quality and process improvements.
They have all held IP positions in North America, Europe, and Asia during their careers before founding BananaIP. Their collective qualifications, background and expertise are unmatched in India.
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Managing Partner & Chief IP Attorney
• Recognized among the top IP minds of India.
• Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters.
• Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist.
• Nationally recognized telecom, electronics, AI and big data patent agent/attorney.
• Worked as patent agent and attorney for global Fortune 500 clients.
• Instrumental in helping many companies mine, evaluate, protect, and commercialize patents and inventions.
• Nationally recognized automotive, mechanical, and manufacturing patent agent/attorney.
• Has significant experience of working with a leading US Patent Firm and United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO).
• Seasoned patent drafting and prosecution expert for global manufacturing and automotive companies.
• Internationally recognized life sciences, pharma and traditional medicine patent agent/attorney.
• Has significant inhouse experience in helping pharma companies strategize, protect and license intellectual property.
• Works with a portfolio of clients across the world on international patent strategy, filing and protection.
• Nationally recognized entertainment law, IP licensing, and trademark attorney.
• Has significant US in-house experience in tech licensing with Fortune 500 companies.
• Advises leading organizations on branding, IP protection, and valuation.