Upcoming IP Event: Copyright for Writers and Publishers (6th January 2020)
During the session, writers may expect to learn:
1. What is copyright protection, how far does it extend, and how does it help a writer?
2. How can an author register a copyright on her own?
3. What are some important clauses in publishing agreements online and offline?
4. When can a writer use others’ writings?
5. What is fair use, and when can others use a writers’ work?
6. How can an author take down unauthorised publication of their work online?
7. How to manage copyrights online and offline?
The session will be delivered by Dr. Kalyan Kankanala and Ms. Ashwini Arun from BananaIP Counsels, a top ranked IP firm in India.
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Dr. Kalyan Kankanala is a well-known IP attorney and author based out of Bangalore. He has published more than ten books, which are well referred and cited. He has so far written four law thriller novels, which are critically acclaimed.
Dr. Kalyan has long-term experience of helping authors, writers and publishers on copyright, trademark and other issues. He works extensively with writers in the film, music and content industries. He also teaches at premier institutions such as NLSIU and IIMB.