(1) An application to the Registrar for the registration under section 49, of a person as a registered user of a registered trademark, shall be made jointly by that person and the registered proprietor of the trademark in Form TM-U and shall be accompanied by the documents, evidence and details as required in sub-section (1) of section 49.
(2) The registered proprietor and the proposed registered user shall also produce and file such other documents and furnish such other evidence and information as may be required in that behalf by the Registrar.
(3) No application shall be entertained unless the same has been filed within six months from the date of the agreement referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 49.
(4) Where more than one application for registration as registered user is made by the same registered proprietor and the same proposed registered user in respect of trademarks covered by the same agreement, the documents mentioned in sub section (1) of section 49 may be filed with any one of the applications and a cross reference to such documents given in the other application or applications.
The Registrar under sub-section (2) of section 49, shall, if satisfied that the application and the accompanying documents comply with the relevant provisions of the Act and the rules, register the proposed registered user in respect of the goods or services as to which he is so satisfied.
The Registrar may, after giving an opportunity of hearing to the parties concerned, either refuse the application or accept the same with such condition(s), if any, as he may think fit and shall communicate such order in writing to the parties.
(1) Where the Registrar under sub-section (2) of section 49 accepts an application for registration as registered user; he shall register the proposed registered user as registered user and publish the same in the Journal.
(2) The entry of a registered user in the register shall state the date on which the application for registration of registered user was made, which date shall be deemed to be the date of registration as registered user of the person mentioned in the entry. The entry shall also state, in addition to the particulars and statements mentioned in paragraphs
(i) to (iv) of sub-clause (b) of clause (1) of section 49, the name, description and principal place of business in India of the registered user and if he does not carry on business in India his address for service in India.
The registration as registered user of a trademark shall not be deemed to imply an approval, of the agreement in so far as it relates to the transmission of any money, as consideration for the use of the said trademark, to any place outside India.
Communication in writing of the registration of a registered user shall be sent by the Registrar to the registered proprietor of the trademark, to the registered user and to every other registered user whose name is entered in relation to the same trademark and shall also be inserted in the Journal within three months of such entry in the register.
An application by the registered proprietor of a trademark for the variation of the registration of a registered user of that trademark under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 50 shall be made in Form TM-U and where the registered user has given consent to such variation, a copy of such consent in writing shall also be filed.
(1) An application for the cancellation of the registration of a registered user under sub-clause (b) to sub-clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 50 shall be made in Form TM-U.
(2) In case of the registration of a registered user for a period, in accordance with paragraph (iv) of sub-clause
(b) of sub-section (1) of section 49, the Registrar shall cancel the entry of the registered user at the end of that period. Where some or all the goods or services are omitted from those in respect of which a trademark is registered, the Registrar shall at the same time omit them from those specifications of registered users of the trademark in which they are comprised. The Registrar shall notify every cancellation or omission under this sub-rule to the registered users whose permitted use is affected thereby and to the registered proprietor of the trademark.
The Registrar may at any time, by notice in writing, require the registered proprietor to furnish him information under sub-section (1) of section 51 and take action in accordance with sub-section (2) of that section.
(1) The Registrar shall notify in writing applications under section 50 to the registered proprietor and each registered user (not being the applicant in either case) of the trademark.
(2) Any person notified under sub-rule (1) who intends to intervene in the proceedings, shall within one month of the receipt of such notification give notice to the Registrar in Form TM-U to the effect and shall send therewith a statement of the grounds of his intervention. The Registrar shall thereupon serve or cause to be served copies of such notice and statement on the other parties, namely, the applicant, the registered proprietor, the registered user whose registration is the subject matter of the proceeding in question and any other registered user who intervenes.
(3)In the case of any application made under section 50, the applicant and any person notified under sub-rule (1), may, within such time or times as the Registrar may appoint, leave evidence in support of his case, and the Registrar after giving the parties an opportunity of being heard, may accept or refuse the application or accept it subject to any conditions, amendments, modifications or limitations he may think right to impose and shall inform the parties in writing accordingly.
(4)In the case of an application for varying any registration under paragraph (a) of sub-section (1) of section 50 or cancelling any registration on any of the grounds mentioned in items (i) to (iv) of sub-clause (c) of sub-section (1) of section 50, the Registrar shall consider the application together with any notice in Form TM-U and statement of case filed and shall dispose of the application and also inform the parties in writing accordingly.
An Application under sub-section (2) of section 58 shall be made in Form TM-Pby a registered user of a trademark or by a person duly authorised by the registered user in that behalf; and the Registrar may require such evidence as he may think fit as to the circumstances in which the application is made.