CHAPTER 1 – PRELIMINARY
1. Short title, extent and commencement.—
(1) These rules may be called the Copyright Rules, 2013.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Interpretations.—In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) “Act” means the Copyright Act, 1957 (14 of 1957);
(b) “Board” means a Copyright Board as defined in sub-section (1) of section 11;
(c) “copyright business” means the business of issuing or granting licence in respect of a right or set of rights in specific act in respect of a work or any substantial part thereof referred to in section 14 and includes the functions referred to insub-section (3) of section 34;
(d) “Form” means a form set out in the First Schedule;
(e) “Schedule” means Schedule to these rules; and
(f) “Section” means a section of the Act.
(2) Words and expression used herein but not defined and defined in the Copyright Act, 1957, shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in that Act.