BananaIP's Start-up IP Department
Start-ups need an IP attorney capable of building business and financial value from their intellectual assets. Not one, who does not understand the nuances of business and entrepreneurship.
BananaIP’s Start-up IP Department was established to help start-ups and entrepreneurs use IP for business success. Intellectual Property, especially, patents, trademarks, industrial designs and copyrights, are invaluable business tools for a start-up looking to compete and make a mark in the market. Holding quality intellectual property helps start-ups:
- Establish credibility in the market
- Gain business and competitive value through exclusivity
- Build and enhance financial valuation of the company
- Raise investment and funding
- Generate revenues through licensing and transfer
- Gain marketing and business development leverage
BananaIP’s attorneys work very closely with entrepreneurs and start-ups to protect, commercialise and maximise value from their intellectual property. Over the last 15 years, BananaIP has worked with over 200 start-ups, many of whom benefitted substantially from the firm’s expertise, advice and services. The firm incubated out of IIMB’s entrepreneurship cell (NSRCEL) alongside several technology start-ups, and understands the start-up mind set, approach, and business goals very well.
- Video Gyan
- Brand Monk
- Forgotten Foods
- Evlogia – Leafy Straw
An expert and highly qualified team of IP attorneys at BananaIP work with entrepreneurs and start-ups. Depending on the nature of the start-up’s business, an attorney, who has background and expertise in the relevant technology and business domains will work with the start-up.
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Managing Partner & Chief IP Attorney
• Recognized among the top IP minds of India. • Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters. • Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist.
• Nationally recognized automotive, mechanical, and manufacturing patent agent/attorney. • Has significant experience of working with a leading US Patent Firm and United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO). • Seasoned patent drafting and prosecution expert for global manufacturing and automotive companies.
• Nationally recognized telecom, electronics, AI and big data patent agent/attorney. • Worked as patent agent and attorney for global Fortune 500 clients. • Instrumental in helping many companies mine, evaluate, protect, and commercialize patents and inventions.
• Internationally recognized life sciences, pharma and traditional medicine patent agent/attorney. • Has significant inhouse experience in helping pharma companies strategize, protect and license intellectual property. • Works with a portfolio of clients across the world on international patent strategy, filing and protection.
- General IP Advice
- Identification and Protection of IP Assets
- Patent Filing and Prosecution
- Trade Mark Filing and Registration
- Copyright Registration
- Drafting Terms/Conditions,
- Domain Name Complaints and Responses
- General agreements such as NDAs, Employment Agreements, Founder Agreements, etc.
- Licensing advice and assistance
- IP litigation support
- Legal notice drafts and responses
- IP Valuation
BananaIP engages with start-ups and entrepreneurs at three general levels:
- Start-up Package
- Discounted Fee
- Equity model
Under this model, start-ups and entrepreneurs engage BananaIP for a given number of hours or projects by paying a one-time, highly discounted fee. The fee will be based on what the start-up wants at a given point of time.
Under this model, BananaIP offers IP services to start-ups at a discounted fee that is normally determined based on the start-up and its requirements.
Under the equity model, the start-up gives equity and a position on its board to an attorney from BananaIP, and the services are provided without any fee.
For more information, please fill out the Startup IP Registration form given below
Have a Question?
drop a line!