Nature of the company: A premier technology institute
Why they approached us:
- Keen on Intellectual Property , but the activities were totally unorganized.
- Was following an IP policy, which did not seem to be producing the requisite results
- Many inventions being created, but did not have a licensing/technology transfer program.
What did we do:
- Met more than thirty departments in the institute to understand the mind set, and IP related issues.
- Studied the nature of inventions, and their progress under the existing policy.
- Identified lacunae, and issues with the existing policy, and recommended several changes.
- Provided a plan for setting up a technology transfer/licensing office.
- Resolved many issues of professors with the IP process.
- Improved number of patent filings.
- Initiated the technology transfer program successfully