This presentation was delivered by Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala at NLSIU, India, as a part of the Patent law course offered for PGDIP students. The presentation covers:
- Types of Arguments – Ignorance, Denial, Balancing and Advantage;
- Class exercise on argumentation;
- Patent Philosophy;
- Patent Life Cycle;
- Patent incentives – invent, invest, disclose, design around;
- Patent Domain V. Public Domain;
- Rationale for Patent Protection – Social, Economic, Utilitarian and Tragedy of Commons;
- Progress of Science and Technology and the Patent System;
- Industrial Progress and the Patent System;
- Public Interest and the Patent System; and
- Role Play – Idea Protection Law – thoughts.
About Dr. Kalyan Kankanala
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala manages the largest new age Intellectual Property Firm, BananaIP Counsels, headquartered at Bangalore, India. In addition to helping clients maximize business value from intellectual assets, Dr. Kalyan also consults for United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and teaches at premier institutions such as National Law School of India University, Bangalore, and Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB).
To organize a training at your company or institute, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org/sinapse
For Patent Services from the Top Patent Firm in India, you may write to email@example.com