Nature of the company: A large software services company
Why they approached us:
- Using lot of open source software in projects for customers
- Not clear about integrating open source software with proprietary software.
- Unaware of open source risks and mitigation strategies.
What did we do:
- Studied several projects to understand open source usage patterns.
- Developed a open source compliance policy/process.
- Provided inputs on specific open source use projects.
- Established guidelines for using open source software based on licenses.
- The company now has a well structured open source software usage policy.
- All open source compliances are taken care in the company.
- The company has a robust open source risk management program