How do I choose the best trademark agent or attorney?
It is important to choose the best trade mark attorney or agent to ensure that your trade mark protection is strong. A good trade mark agent or attorney must have the following qualifications:
- He must advise you on the best form of trade mark to bee filed;
- He must strategize your trade mark filing in the broadest possible manner;
- He must have a strong background in IP (Masters in IP from a leading institute and/or experience of prosecuting numerous trade marks);
- He must enable you to avoid trade mark opposition; and
- He must advise on various options for trade mark filing in case of existence of conflicting marks.