17 May 2019
How can I file a trademark application?
A trade mark application may be filed by the applicant directly or through a trade mark agent. There are two ways to file a trademark application:
- Paper filing and
- Online filing.
Document/ Information require for filing trademark application:-
- Trademark name (logo/Device/word /symbol)
- Applicant’s name, nationality, address and
- Registered description of the Applicant (Individual/ partnership firm/ joint firm/ Hindu undivided family/ body incorporate/ society/ trust as the case may be).
- Trade description of the Applicant – such as Manufacturer / Service Provider / Distributor or as the case may be.
- Date of Use of the trademark (if the trademark is proposed to be use, date of use is not required).
- Class of the Trademark
- Description of Goods or services.
- For filing an ordinary application other than conventional application in a single class the prescribed form is TM -1 and statutory fee is 3500/-.