This presentation was delivered by Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala to PGP-Enterprise Management students at IIM-Bangalore, as a part of their Business Law curriculum. The presentation entitles Intellectual property and Licensing covered the following topics-
- Idea- What is an idea, example, whether all ideas can be protected.
- Patent- What is a patent, term of a patent.
- Protection Strategy
- Copyright- What is copyright, idea/ expression dichotomy, term of copyright.
- Protection with respect to copyright
- Licensing (copyright)
- Trademarks- What is a trademark, term of a trademark
- Protection Ladder
- Licensing (Trademarks)
- Trade secrets
- Licensing (Trade Secrets)
- Look and Feel
- Industrial Designs
- Types of Licenses
- Types of Royalty
- Important clauses
With the help of cases, examples and multi-media Dr. Kalyan’s presentation gives insights into various facets of Intellectual Property and Licensing.
About Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala
Dr. Kalyan C. Kankanala manages the largest new age Intellectual Property Firm, BananaIP Counsels, headquartered at Bangalore, India. In addition to helping clients maximize business value from intellectual assets, Dr. Kalyan also consults for United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and teaches at premier institutions such as National Law School of India University, Bangalore, and Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB).
Professional URL: https://www.bananaip.com/