Over the last two years, the IPO has granted several patents in under a year from the date of filing. Some of these grants have been extensively reported, one article claiming a grant in just four and half months. Some of BananaIP’s filings received grants within a year, but the shortest was about seven months for Evlogia. The speedy grants spell the beginning of a new era of a proactive patent office, which is today relatively more transparent and organised than earlier.
The expedited grants were facilitated by changes in patent rules for certain applicants and patent applications, and some quick, crafty prosecution by patent attorneys. However, the patent process is just a part of speeding grants, and getting a grant requires much more than merely filing for expedited or express examination. Applications must relate to strong, inventive inventions, they must be put in proper order, and strategically drafted and filed. Under certain circumstances, getting a patent fast might prove to be counterproductive as well.
On 23rd November, BananaIP’s team will discuss some nuances and strategies for acquiring speedy patent grants. The discussion will be led by Dr. Kalyan Kankanala, a well-known patent attorney, and Mr. Gaurav Mishra, an experienced patent prosecutor. The discussion will be held at BananaIP’s office between 2PM and 4PM, and if you are interested, you may register at: https://www.townscript.com/e/bananaips-intellepedia-presents-a-special-session-on-getting-a-patent-grant-in-one-year-in-india-121241
On registration, we will review your application and confirm your slot.
About the Speakers
DR. KALYAN C. KANKANALA
Senior Partner – BananaIP Counsels
Senior IP Manager – BananaIP Counsels
· Recognized among the top IP minds of India
· Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters
· Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist
· Patent professional with rich experience in filing patent applications with Indian patent office, USPTO and other jurisdictions across the globe
· Works with a portfolio of clients across the world on international patent strategy, filing and protection.
· Has worked with several large companies as well as start-ups on patent related matters ranging from patent filing / prosecution to litigation management and dispute resolution