+91-80-26860424 / 34
Call Us Today
(THE DESIGNS ACT, 2000 No. 16 of 2000)
1. Short title, extent, and commencement.
3. Controller and other officers.
4. Prohibition of registration of certain designs.
5. Application for registration of designs.
6. Registration to be in respect of particular article.
7. Publication of particulars of registered designs.
8. Power of Controller to make orders regarding substitution of application, etc.
9. Certificate of registration.
10. Register of designs.
11. Copyright on registration.
12. Restoration of lapsed designs.
13. Procedure for disposal of applications for restoration of lapsed designs.
14. Rights of proprietor of lapsed design which have been restored.
15. Requirements before delivery on sales.
16. Effect of disclosure on copyright.
17. Inspection of registered designs.
18. Information as to the existence of copyright.
19. Cancellation of registration.
20. Designs to bind Government.
21. Provisions as to exhibitions.
22. Piracy of a registered design.
23. Application of certain provisions of the Act as to patents to designs.
25. Notice of trust not to be entered in registers.
26. Inspection of and extracts from registers.
27. The privilege of reports of Controller.
28. Prohibition and publication of specification, drawings, etc. where application abandoned, etc.
29. Power of Controller to correct clerical errors.
30. The entry of assignment and transmissions in registers.
31. Rectification of register.
32. Powers of Controller in proceedings under Act.
33. Exercise of discretionary power by Controller.
34. Power of Controller to take directions of the Central Government.
35. Refusal to register a design in certain cases.
36. Appeals to High Court.
37. Evidence before the Controller.
38. Certificate of Controller to be evidence.
39. Evidence of documents in the patent office.
40. Applications and notices by post.
41. Declaration by an infant, lunatic, etc.
42. Avoidance of certain restrictive conditions.
44. Reciprocal arrangement with the United Kingdom and other convention countries or group of countries or inter-governmental organizations.
45. Report of the Controller to be placed before Parliament.
46. Protection of security of India.
47. Power of Central Government to make rules.
48.Repeal and savings.