FTO analysis and report helps a company understand if a product has the freedom to operate in a given market, an whether the product can be launched without any risk of patent infringement. FTO analysis includes the following activities:
- Identification of countries/jurisdictions for FTO analysis
- FTO search for patents relevant to the product
- Short listing of most relevant patents
- Patent infringement analysis of claims in each patent shortlisted
- FTO opinion based on the infringement analysis
- Legal Opinion with respect to patent infringement, which may be used in a Court
FTO opinions are regularly performed by companies before they launch a product in the market, and any FTO issues are resolved in consultation with the patent attorney. Quality FTO analysis and reports are provided by attorneys with strong technology and legal backgrounds.
The legal opinion given by a qualified and reputed attorney helps in mitigating risks in a patent infringement suit after the product is launched.