Copyright protects works of authorship such as literary, dramatic, artistic, musical, and photographic works. It grants exclusive rights to authors for a period of life plus sixty (60) years, and sixty (60) years for some other works. Though copyright registration is not a pre-requisite for protection, and copyright protection begins on creation of a work, registration brings several advantages from easy enforceability to enhanced financial value.
BananaIP offers services to help authors, novelists and publishers in India, the USA and other countries register copyrights in their books, novels, photographs, and publications. Our team of highly qualified attorneys also help authors and publishers draft, negotiate and manage publication agreements and copyright licenses. As several of the attorneys and agents working with BananaIP are authors themselves, they understand an author’s or novelist’s needs better than other attorneys.
In addition to protecting their work of authorship, authors, novelists and publishers also need to protect their brand, image, persona, and more. BananaIP offers specialized services to protect these. BananaIP’s team of IP attorneys work very closely with clients to register and protect their trademarks, celebrity, and related rights. We also help authors, novelists, and publishers draft, negotiate and manage endorsement agreements, publicity rights contracts, merchandising agreements, and trademark franchise agreements.
In addition to protection and management services, BananaIP also advises authors, novelists and publishers on IP risk clearance, physical and digital distribution, royalty management, and advertising and promotion instruments. Several authors and publishers in India, the USA and other countries work closely with BananaIP to protect, manage and commercialize their works and enhance financial value of their content.
- Copyright Registration
- Trademark Registration
- Celebrity Rights Protection and Management
- Agreement Negotiation and Drafting
- Publishing Contracts
- Film Adaptation Agreements
- Audio Book Publication Contracts
- Physical and Digital Licenses
- Endorsement Contracts
- Franchising Agreements
- Advertising Agreements
- Designing Contracts
- Merchandising Agreements
- Portfolio Management
- IP/Copyright Risk Clearance
- Royalty Management
- Book/Copyright Valuation
Education & Publishing Law Department
• Nationally recognized entertainment law, IP licensing, and trademark attorney.
• Has significant US in-house experience in tech licensing with Fortune 500 companies.
• Advises leading organizations on branding, IP protection, and valuation.
Dr. Kalyan C.
Managing Partner & Chief IP Attorney
• Recognized among the top IP minds of India.
• Has advised more than 1000 clients on IP matters.
• Internationally cited IP attorney and strategist.
- Consumer Products
- IT & Software
- AI & Robotics
- Computer Vision
- NLP & Autonomous Vehicles
- Green Technologies
- Electric Mobility
- Battery Management
- Medical Technologies
- Medical Devices
- Food & Healthcare Platforms
- Education & Publishing
Have a Question?
drop a line!