Intellepedia IP Radio Download Post as PDFPrint this PostThis weekly...Read More
THE COPYRIGHT RULES, 2013
[As amended by the Copyright (Amendment) Rules, 2021]
81.Mode of making applications, etc. —
82.Mode of Communication by the Copyright Office, etc.—
Every written intimation from the Board, the Copyright Office or the Registrar of Copyrights shall be deemed to have been duly communicated to any person if such intimation is sent to the known address of such person through electronic means or by registered post.
(1) The fees to be paid in respect of applications or any other matters under the Act and the rules shall be those as specified in the Second Schedule.
(2) Where in respect of any matter, a fee is required to be paid under the rules, the form or the application or the request of the petition thereof, it shall be accompanied by the prescribed fee.
(3) Fees may be paid electronically or by demand draft or Banker’s Cheque in favour of the Registrar of Copyrights drawn on a scheduled bank at New Delhi.
(4) Where a fee is payable in respect of filing of a document and where the document is filed without such fee or with insufficient fee, such document shall be deemed not to have been filed for the purposes of any proceedings under these rules.
(5) No fee is required to be paid for taking extracts from Register of Copyrights or indexes for official purposes by the Central Government or the State Government.
84.Right of audience. —
In any proceedings before the Board or the Registrar of Copyrights any party may appear and be heard either in person or by a pleader or other person duly authorised by such party.
The cost incidental to the proceedings before the Board or the Registrar of Copyrights shall be in the discretion of the Board or the Registrar of Copyrights, as the case may be.
The Copyright Rules, 1958, are hereby repealed without prejudice to anything done under such rules before the coming into force of these rules.