Intellepedia IP Radio Download Post as PDFPrint this PostThis weekly...Read More
THE COPYRIGHT RULES, 2013
[As amended by the Copyright (Amendment) Rules, 2021]
29. Notice for Communication to the Public of literary and musical works and sound recordings.—
24.Conditions to be followed while making cover version:-
(1) While making the cover version the producer shall maintain the integrity of the original literary, dramatic or musical works, except to the extent as may be technically necessary for the purpose of making the cover version.
(2) The cover version shall not be issued in any form of packaging or with any cover or label including any label or carton or inlay card or website having design or colour scheme or layout or getup similar to that of the original sound recording which is likely to mislead or confuse the public as to the identity of the original sound recording.
(3) The cover version shall not use the label of the original sound recording and shall state in bold letters on the cover that it is a cover version made under section 31C.
(4) The cover version shall prominently display the names of performers and shall not contain the name or depict in any way any performer of an earlier sound recording of the same work or any cinematograph film in which such sound recording was incorporated.
30.Maintaining of records.—
(1) Records containing the details of the owners in respect of total number of works broadcast, the details of such works and the time slot, duration and period of the broadcast shall be maintained by the broadcasting organisation at its principal place of business and shall be open to inspection on prior notice by the owner of rights or his duly authorized agent or representative in the works during business hours and may obtain copies of relevant extracts from such records at their cost. The broadcasting organization shall maintain separate records for radio broadcasting and television broadcasting.
(2) The broadcasting organisation shall maintain separate books of accounts for communication to public by way of broadcast containing such details as may be determined by the Board at the time of fixing the rate of royalty and render to the owners of rights such reports and accounts.