On 21-07-2012, the building for National Institute of Intellectual Property Management, Nagpur was inaugurated by Shri Anand Sharma, Hon’ble Union Minister of Commerce Industry and Textiles in the gracious presence of Guests of Honour Shri Prithviraj Chavan, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Shri Mukul Wasnik, Hon’ble Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment at 3,Civil Lines, Nagpur- 440 001.
National Institute of Intellectual Property Management (NIIPM) has been established at Nagpur by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Department of Industrial Policy and promotion, Government of India as a nodal institute for fulfilling the need of IP training and awareness at the national level and to develop human resources in IP as a long term strategy. NIIPM will soon have a residential complex to provide residential facility for IP Stakeholders availing training at NIIPM. Nagpur has been carefully selected as the location for establishing NIIPM taking into consideration its special geographical significance and also the fact that Nagpur is an important industrial centre and hub for higher education and research.
NIIPM is being developed as an effective and world class intellectual property management institute of the Country. The major benefits that the country shall receive will be:
1. Streamlined, rationalized and greatly expanded scope and impact of IP training by pooling national IP resources at one location;
2. Streamlined and harmonized training on new and emerging fields of technologies for examiners in IP offices and for stakeholders;
3. Partnership with various academy, commercial, government and non-government institutes for delivery of effective training on IPRs;
4. Identification and generation of resource pool for IPR experts in the country.
5. Stronger capacity for analysis and implementation of IP Law provisions.
6. Establishing focused IP courses in collaboration with the universities and other institutes;
7. NIIPM will also closely cooperate with World Intellectual Property Organization and other International IP Institutes;
NIIPM is providing quality training in IPRs to officials of Intellectual Property Office including newly recruited Examiners of Patent& Designs and also to IP stakeholders involved in creation and management of IPRs like industries, universities, legal professionals, R&D organisations, MSME, individual inventors, IP professionals and people from specific sectors like pharmaceuticals, agricultural, biotechnology etc. NIIPM will soon start short and long term certificate and diploma courses in IPRS.
News Source- www.ipindia.nic.in